Thursday, March 16, 2006

WITHOUT FEAR OR FAVOUR?

IT is a sad day for journalism and for freedom of the Press when journalists and media personalities hide behind anonymity when attacking others.

This is the case with literally every one of them who wrote to this blog to condem me for my role in the New Straits Times Press (Malaysia) Berhad.

Perhaps there's no point pleading with them for fairness. I am often accused of misusing and perverting press freedom. At least I put my miserable name on what I write and I take full responsibility for it. This was the reason for my decision to leave the NSTP in 2000. I took responsibiliy, period.

To show just how vicious and dubious some Malaysian journalists and media personalities have become, I'll continue to publish their diatribe and denunciation against me, at least for the time being.

Thank you.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I was born in 1947 in Kedah. I came from a rice farming family. I have been a journalist since 1969. I am the Editor-in-Chief of magazine publishing company, Berita Publishing Sdn Bhd. I was Group Editor NST Sdn Bhd and Group Editor-in-Chief of NSTP Bhd between 1988 and 2000. I write fortnightly column “Other Thots” in the Malaysian Business magazine, Kunta Kinte Original in Berita Harian and A Kadir Jasin Bercerita in Dewan Masyarakat. Books: Biar Putih Tulang (1998), Other Thots – Opinions & Observations 1992-2001 (2001), The Wings of an Eagle (2003), Mencari Dugalia Huso (2006), Damned That Thots (2006), Blogger (2006), PRU 2008-Rakyat Sahut Cabaran (2008), Komedi & Tragedi-Latest in Contemporary Malaysian Politics (2009) and Membangun Bangsa dengan Pena (2009).